What is a Dental Bridge?
Bridges span the space created when teeth are missing. A bridge may be recommended if you’re missing one or more teeth.
- A dental bridge consists of two crowns which are attached on either side of the pontic – the replacement tooth.
- These two crowns are cemented to the abutments – the natural teeth or implants on either side of the empty space and act as anchors for the pontic.
As with crowns, you have a choice of materials for bridges. Our dentist can help you decide which to use, based on the location of the missing tooth (or teeth), its function, aesthetic considerations and cost. Porcelain or ceramic bridges can be matched to the color of your natural teeth.
Benefits of a Dental Bridge
Gaps left by missing teeth eventually cause the remaining teeth to rotate or shift into the empty spaces, resulting in a bad bite.
The imbalance caused by missing teeth can also lead to gum disease and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders.
- Restore your smile
- Restore your ability to properly chew and speak
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Distribute the forces in your bite properly by replacing missing teeth
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
Pro Estetik Dental Clinic was founded in 2011 in Izmir, Turkey by associate professor M. Selim Bilgin. We serve dental service in all dental branches to all national and international patients in a wide modern clinic, nearly 500-metersquare areas.
All of our dentists are members of the Turkish Dental Association. They speak English and have a huge amount of experience liaising with international patients about their dental treatment and the options available to restore your smile.