What are Dental Crowns?
A crown is a tooth shaped cover that is positioned over an existing damaged tooth to enhance strength and durability and to create a smoother look.
Reasons for Crown Placement
- Reinforce a tooth that is cracked or broken
- Repair a tooth that has an old large filling
- Cover a tooth that is severely decayed
- Reinforce a tooth that has had a root canal
- Encase a dental implant
- Anchor a dental bridge
Crowns strengthen and protect the remaining tooth structure and can improve the appearance of your smile. Types of crowns include the full porcelain crown (ideal for use on the front teeth), the porcelain-fused-to-metal crown and the all-metal crown (ideal for use on the back teeth).
The Dental Crown Procedure
- Before placing the crown on the tooth, the tooth will be shaped to make room for it.
- Then an impression of the tooth and the surrounding teeth is taken.
- A temporary acrylic crown is placed on the tooth.
- When the permanent crown is ready the temporary crowns are replaced.
Pro Estetik Dental Clinic was founded in 2011 in Izmir, Turkey by associate professor M. Selim Bilgin. We serve dental service in all dental branches to all national and international patients in a wide modern clinic, nearly 500-metersquare areas.
All of our dentists are members of the Turkish Dental Association. They speak English and have a huge amount of experience liaising with international patients about their dental treatment and the options available to restore your smile.